• Help Spread the Fire

Interview with Ugandan Pastor Martin SSempa

Pastor SSempa’s Blog

Link to the Uganda Bill

Articles Challenging the Uganda Bill

Articles Defending the Uganda Bill

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

56 Responses to “March 11, 2010”

1. Ruth Smith
      March 15th, 2010 @ 10:11 pm

Dear Zoe,

The Lord loves you, Zoe, in a deeper way than any human being will ever and ever could. When He walked the earth, and went into the synagogue, He opened up the book of the prophet Isaiah and read about Himself: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.” Luke 4:18. Zoe, the Lord loves you more than anyone ever will! He is the Great Physician, whose healing goes deeper than any surgeon’s knife. I pray that you will learn more of Him. In Him you will find all that you ever wanted, as I can tell that you are a serious thinker who is not easily pleased with superficial “fixes.” In Him you will the deepest healing imaginable. I pray that you will avail yourself of His outstretched hand.

Much love,
      your sister, Ruth

2. Ben
      March 17th, 2010 @ 4:14 am

christendom rears its ugly head again, as it has done so during the dark ages, with this utterly disgusting Bill under the guise of christ-like moral guidance. as the Lord made it abundantly clear he is not here to judge but to save, and he gives us free will to choose good from evil, without coercing us either way. besides, the lord himself gives people over to their sin, so who are we to do any different by forcibly coercing them to do God’s bidding?

but more pertinently, why stop with homosexuality? What about adultary? what about fornication? what about punishing those who blaspheme the holy spirit and those WHO REFUSE TO ACKNOWLDGE Jesus as Lord and as as the chosen Jewish messiah? why oh why then do we focus on the homosexuals? if we punish them we may as well punish the jews too for their lack of unbelief, for it surely is a sin to reject God’s annointed one.

just as the “christians” punished the jews for their continued rejection of the messiah back in the dark ages so too are we punishing the homosexuals for their rejection of God.

That’s why i say throw this bill in the trash where it belongs, and let God judge alone judge us for all our deeds when we are raised up for our final judgment.

may God have mercy on us!

3. Zoe Brain
      March 19th, 2010 @ 9:03 am

Ben – there could be difficulty with some of those sins you mention – polygamy is quite accepted in Uganda, and is not looked on as sinful.

4. Bro Ramon Arellano
      March 22nd, 2010 @ 10:43 pm

I don’t favor homosexuals and lesbians, I abhore their sins. To me, homosexuality and lesbianism are abominable. But I cannot condemn them to death because then I hate the sin and I commit another sin. I am in favor of disciplinary measures plus counselling. The Ugandan government must be fair, just, and do everything in love.

Shalom!

5. Joshua Harris
      March 27th, 2010 @ 1:17 am

It is very disturbing to me that so many in our country, in our media, in our churches had opinions against this man with out even hearing him once. The law, in all it’s severity, does not judge a man before he is heard. We’d be wise to do the same.

I can’t say I agree with all the measures of the bill, from what I’ve heard. But I think if we saw by first hand experience, in the US, the kind of ravishing scourge AIDs had been to Uganda we would not say that it’s harsh to have a death penalty for an infected person having sex with another person and KNOWINGLY putting another at that risk – something like that is criminal. We have AIDs here, not nearly as common, not nearly as severe. I think we’d have a different perspective if we had experienced life in Uganda in the last 25 years.

6. Martin Ssempa on Line of Fire: An analysis — Warren Throckmorton
      March 30th, 2010 @ 6:16 am

[…] of Fire. I was invited to join in but I was teaching at the time the show aired. The program is online here. Brown said several times that he invited critics of the bill to come on the show or call in.┬áNo […]